Check out my new cover story in The Reader about Omaha’s African American Empowerment Network. It’s the first installment in a two-part cover series on this nonprofit, grassroots, community initiative to raise the educational, economic, quality of life prospects for a segment of the population that, on average, lags behind the majority population and other ethnic minority groups.
I will soon be adding the story to this blog site, but for now you can find it at The Reader-
Also, I will be using the two-parter as a case study for how I go about doing what I do. That look inside my process will be featured on my Notes from a Working Journalist
Squidoo lens page. Look for an announcement here about it. If you haven’t visited that site yet, you can access it at-
Another facet of my online presence is the new Squidoo lens page I have formed. I call it:
Notes from a Working Journalist.
It is meant to be a kind of diary or journal of my writing life by sharing insights into the process behind creating the projects that pay my bills and feed my soul. Every now and then I will use the page to talk about what’s happening with various projects I am engaged in, providing notes into their genesis, their development, their research, their writing-editing phase, and, finally, their publication. I hope these insights prove an interesting glimpse at what goes into my process as a working journalist.
You can access my Squidoo lens page at:
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Expect Plenty of Booms at Louder Than a Bomb Youth Poetry Festival Finals; Friendly Tournament Makes ... nblo.gs/W2HTJ 6 days ago
- Omaha World-Herald Columnist Mike Kelly: A Storyteller for All Seasons nblo.gs/VvMal 3 weeks ago
- Drive-By Delight: House forever tied to Alexander Payne’s ‘About Schmidt’ is just home to its residents nblo.gs/VvIGs 3 weeks ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Expect Plenty of Booms at Louder Than a Bomb Youth Poetry Festival Finals; Friendly Tournament Makes Expressing Deepest Feelings Safe
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- A Berlin Airlift Story
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Patique Collins Finds the Right Fit
- The Wonderful World of Entertainment Talent Broker Manya Nogg
- Alexander Payne's New Film 'Nebraska' Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- Jane Fonda Takes Center Stage at Film Streams, Where Her Life in Film is Celebrated this Summer
- 346,470 hits