Registration Now Open for Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars with Leo Adam Biga: Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Registration Now Open for
Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars
with Leo Adam Biga
Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Follow your passion and write stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions
Sunday, October 30
Sunday, November 13
Sunday, December 11
Each seminar is unique, though some core material is covered during every workshop
Brandeis building downtown, 210 South 16th Street in the warm, luxurious setting of the Community Room
Use 16th Street Concierge entrance between Douglas and Farnam (Concierge will direct you to the elevator to access the 2nd flr Community Room)
NOTE: Ample street parking available or for $5 use the Brandeis parking garage (Douglas between 16th and 17th (car pool and share the cost)
Host Christine Lind will provide free beverages and goodies during the seminar
Join us for this informative, relaxed evening
The seminar is by-registration only:
If you register for one seminar, the cost is: $40
If you register for two seminars together, the cost is: $70
If you register for three seminars together, the cost is $100
NOTE: The registration fee is payable by check only (make it out to Leo Adam Biga)
Mail your check to: Leo A. Biga, 10629 Cuming St., Omaha, NE 68114
Your check must be received before the seminar for you to attend and be sure to indicate which seminar(s) you’re registering/paying for
Register at leoadmbiga.eventbrite.com/
If you know of or are affiliated with a school, church, library or other nonprofit that would like to host a future seminar, please note that special group rates are available. It’s a perfect fit for any group that enjoys reading, writing, books. Call 402-445-4666 or email email@example.com for details.
What is A Journey in Freelance Writing?
An informal two-hour seminar that discusses:
• How to prepare yourself to be a writer
• What’s involved in finding your writer’s voice
• Where do story ideas come from?
• How to pitch and market your work
• What are editors looking for?
• How to develop and maintain a client base
• Yes, you can supplement your income and even make a living as a freelancer
As an award-winning journalist I will offer my decades-long experience as a guide for establishing a writing career or taking your career to the next level. The conversational, interactive seminar offers plenty of Q & A time.
Ideal for aspiring or emerging writers of: articles • press releases • newsletters • blogs • web content • scripts • books
Book the seminar for your club, organization, school, library or church. Schedule it for your next writing/literary group meeting, festival or conference.
Group rates available.
Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you there,
Leo Adam Biga
- Financing Freelance Writing – It Can Be Costlier Than You Think (freelanceswitch.com)
- How to Get Freelance Writing Clients without Selling (savvywritingcareers.wordpress.com)
- ‘Getting Started as a Freelance Writer’ by Robert W Bly (pacejmiller.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha’s Lively Old Market nblo.gs/Mkm3v 1 hour ago
- Check out my award-winning story on Iraq war veteran Jacob Hausman's battle with PTSD at leoadambiga.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/ira… 1 week ago
- Two Omaha Press Club awards I picked up Sat. recognized my Omaha Magazine story on Iraq war veteran Jacob Hausman and his battle with PTSD. 1 week ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" Gets a Thumbs Up from Midwest Book Review
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha's Lively Old Market
- James Martin Davis - A Self-Styled Gladiator in the Halls of Justice
- Timeless Fashion Illustrator Mary Mitchell: Her Work Illustrating Three Decades of Style Now Subject of New Book and Exhibition
- Kooky Swoosie: Actress Swoosie Kurtz Conquers Broadway, Film, Television
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- Shirley Jones Interview: Classic Hollywood Star to Appear at May 24 Omaha Screening of 'Carousel'
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- The Magical Mystery Tour of Omaha's Magic Theatre, a Megan Terry and Jo Ann Schmidman Production
- The History Man, Gary Kastrick, and his Project OMAHA Lose Home Base
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha’s Lively Old Market
- “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” Gets a Thumbs Up from Midwest Book Review
- My Omaha Magazine Story on Iraq War Veteran Jacob Hausman Wins Best Feature Story and Best in Show at Omaha Press Club Excellence in Journalism Awards Competition
- After Decades in New York City Omaha Native Jazz Pianist Paul Serrato Proves You Can Come Home Again
- Potash Twins Making Waves in Jazz: Teen Brothers Count Jazz Greats as Mentors
- Brenda Allen’s Real Life Country Music Drama Took Her from Nebraska to Vietnam to Vegas
- Getting Straight: Compassion in Action Expands Work Serving Men, Women and Children Touched by the Judicial and Penal System
- Tapestries to celebrate Omaha neighborhoods; Theater by any other name
- Artists running with opportunity to go to the next level; Carver Bank resident artists bring new life to area
- Just returned from Hollywood to visit Alexander Payne finish “Nebraska”; Watch for my coming stories about what I observed
- Come to My Next Alexander Payne Book Signing: Saturday, May 11 at The Bookworm in Omaha
- Bruce Crawford’s Unexpected Movie-Movie Life, Omahan Salutes Classic Hollywood Films with Panache: See Shirley Jones and ‘Carousel” May 24
- 271,742 hits