Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing-
Wednesday Words Reading Series Featuring Leo Adam Biga
12:00pm until 1:00pm
KANEKO-UNO Library, 12th and Jones St.
I will talk about my book “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film,” describe my years writing about the filmmaker, and assess his new film “Nebraska.” A Q&A and signing follow. The book is only $20 and it makes a great Christmas gift.
Hope to see you there.HERE’S HOW THEY’RE PROMOTING MY APPEARANCE-
Our Featured Writer: Leo Adam BigaAward-winning Omaha journalist Leo Adam Biga has adapted his extensive body of work about acclaimed filmmaker Alexander Payne into a new book. “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” is a compilation of Biga’s many articles about the writer-director over a 16-year period. The book places readers deep inside Payne’s creative process and follows the progress of the cinema artist’s Oscar-winning career. Biga will share insights gleaned from visits to Payne’s sets and from a recent glimpse at the final edit-mix process on the filmmaker’s new feature, “Nebraska.” Biga’s one of the few outside the filmmaker’s inner circle and select festival audiences to have seen the film in its entirety before the Nov. 15 national release. The book is a must read for Payne fans and film buffs. Book signing to follow presentation. Sample the author’s work at leoadambiga.wordpress.com.
ABOUT WEDNESDAY WORDS
Wednesday Words originated in 2009 as a special reading series featuring award-winning writers from the Nebraska Arts Council’s Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature program, sponsored by the Nebraska Arts Council and Nebraska independent publisher, The Backwaters Press.
Spend your lunch hour at our final reading of 2013 with Leo Adam Biga. Treat yourself to a feast for your ears as you listen to some of the finest in Nebraska writing.
FREE and open to the public.
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11 (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Local Color: Alexander Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in the New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1XuZWhM 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith... nblo.gs/1226bO 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook wp.me/pTQQZ-2G6 5 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Omaha's Pitch Man: Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Willy Theisen is Back with His Next Big Business Venture
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- Grassroots Leadership Development Program Provides Opportunities for Students
- The Man Behind the Voice of Husker Football at Memorial Stadium
- The Fighting Hernandez Brothers
- A. Marino Grocery Closes: An Omaha Italian Landmark Calls It Quits
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook
- Omaha couple Mauro and Christine Fiore forge a union based on film and family
- Charles Ahovissi brings West African culture to the Heartland: African Culture Connection uses dance, music to tell indigenous yet universal stories
- Breaking the mold: Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala
- Gabrielle Union having it all between her own series, new film, producing, marriage and family
- Having it all: Viv Ewing
- All Abide: Abide applies holistic approach to building community; Josh Dotzler now heads nonprofit started by his parents
- North’s Star: Gene Haynes builds legacy as education leader with Omaha Public Schools and North High School
- What do Oscar-winning filmmaker Alexander Payne and WBO world lightweight boxing champion Terence “Bud” Crawford have in common?
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha Nonprofits Take On Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Nebraska Film Currents
- Masters David O. Russell and Alexander Payne matched wits at Film Streams Feature VI event
- 411,980 hits