Author Leo Adam Biga Joined Nebraska Coast Connection Salon Featuring Alexander Payne to Promote His Book About the Filmmaker, ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’
Here’s a photo of me conversing with Alexander Payne at the Nebraska Coast Connection salon on Monday, Sept. 9 at the Culver Hotel in Culver City, Calif. I was there with my book about the writer-director, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film.” Payne was the featured speaker that night and many of his comments had to do with his new film “Nebraska,” which has now garnered strong audience and critical praise at Cannes and Telluride. The New York Film Festival is next.
Click this link to read my latest story about “Nebraska” in The Reader (www.thereader.com)- http://www.thereader.com/comments/when_a_film_becomes_a_film_the_shaping_of_nebraska/
I will soon be posting that story on my blog.
I will be the NCC’s featured speaker at the March 2014 salon. NCC is a long-standing networking association of folks from Nebraska or with strong Nebraska ties who work in the film and television industry. Its founder and guru Todd Nelson was nice enough to invite me out. It was a good time.
- New York Film Festival 2013 line-up announced (brooklynvegan.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing- nblo.gs/RLS3Y 1 day ago
- Giving Kids a Fighting Chance: Carl Washington and his CW Boxing Club and Youth Resource Center nblo.gs/RGxIl 4 days ago
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate... nblo.gs/RAMUE 1 week ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Screenwriting Adventures of Nebraska Native Jon Bokenkamp, Author of the Scripts 'Perfect Stranger' and 'Taking Lives'
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Remembering the Virginia Cafe and the Restauranter Family Legacy of Filmmaker Alexander Payne
- Introducing Freelance Writing Academy Seminars with Instructor Leo Adam Biga: Book Biga Today
- Bringing Back Classic Movies and the Old-Time Ballyhoo, Bruce Crawford Shows 'King Kong' the Red Carpet Treatment
- Documentary Considers Omaha's Changing Face Since World War II
- 'Lovely, Still' is that Rare Film Depicting Seniors in All Their Humanity
- Altman on Altman: A Look at the Late American Auteur Robert Altman Through the Eyes of His Grandson, Indie Omaha Filmmaker Dana Altman, and Other Cinephiles
- The Magnificent Obsession of Art Storz Jr., the Old Man and the Mansion
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
- Giving Kids a Fighting Chance: Carl Washington and his CW Boxing Club and Youth Resource Center
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- Leo Adam Biga authors civil rights IBooks on the Great Migration and Peony Park
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds
- Alexander Payne’s Local Color: Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 7 and Nov. 9
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ Author Leo Adam Biga Gearing Up for Fall Book Talks-Signings as Release of ‘Nebraska’ Nears
- Culinary-Horticulture Marriage at Metropolitan Community College
- New film ‘Growing Cities’ takes road trip look at urban farmers cultivating a healthy, sustainable food culture
- Omaha Lit Fest Offers a Written Word Feast
- 310,787 hits