Just returned from Hollywood to visit Alexander Payne finish “Nebraska”; Watch for my coming stories about what I observed
Just returned from three days in Hollywood with Alexander Payne to observe the final mix process on his highly anticipated new film “Nebraska.” It was quite the experience to see him and his team putting the finishing touches on the film. Those behind-the-scenes glimpses will inform coming stories I’ll be writing and posting here.
I was privileged to see the film in its entirety at a screening on the Paramount lot. It’s a superb work of cinema. With “Nebraska” Payne has gone ever deeper and richer in exploring the humanism that is his specialty.
The entirely digital film is being satellite beamed to Nice, France this weekend where it will be downloaded for its world premiere screening at the Cannes Film Festival. I fully expect this to be one of the most talked about films of the year and to have all sorts of accolades and nominations and awards come to Payne, screenwriter Bob Nelson, cinematographer Phedon Papamichael, music composer Mark Orton, actors Bruce Dern, Will Forte, Stacy Keach and June Squibb.
It’s hard to imagine there will be a more compelling looking film than this wide-screen black-and-white elegy. Much more to come from me about my Hollywood sojourn and the look behind the curtain that Payne afforded me of his creative process. I will be blogging about it and having stories published about it. All of my “Nebraska” material will end up in a new edition of my book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film.” The new edition should be out around the time his film is released, which is late November. You can order my book on my blog site, leoadambiga.wordpress.com.
Meanwhile, go to the link below to watch a clip from the film.
- First Official Look at Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ (slashfilm.com)
- First Official Image from Alexander Payne’s NEBRASKA Starring Bruce Dern and Will Forte (collider.com)
- ‘Nebraska’ Screenwriter Shares Thoughts On Cannes Film Festival Premiere (nathanvjohnson.wordpress.com)
- Nebraskans Hone in on Hollywood (variety.com)
- Good Time to Get Your Copy of the Alexander Payne Book (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- You are cordially invited to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing- nblo.gs/RLS3Y 1 day ago
- Giving Kids a Fighting Chance: Carl Washington and his CW Boxing Club and Youth Resource Center nblo.gs/RGxIl 3 days ago
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate... nblo.gs/RAMUE 6 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Remembering the Virginia Cafe and the Restauranter Family Legacy of Filmmaker Alexander Payne
- Screenwriting Adventures of Nebraska Native Jon Bokenkamp, Author of the Scripts 'Perfect Stranger' and 'Taking Lives'
- Come to my next 'Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film' book talk and signing at KANEKO-
- Lauro Play 'A Piece of My Heart' Dramatizes the Role of Women in War Zones
- Nebraska Coast Connection Salon Q&A with Alexander Payne: The Filmmaker Speaks Candidly About 'Nebraska,' Casting, Screenwriting and Craft
- Documentary Considers Omaha's Changing Face Since World War II
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Gabrielle Union, A Star is Born
- Canceled FX Boxing Show, 'Lights Out,' May Still Springboard Omahan Holt McCallany’s Career
- About Leo Adam Biga
- Come to my next ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ book talk and signing at KANEKO-
- Giving Kids a Fighting Chance: Carl Washington and his CW Boxing Club and Youth Resource Center
- Alexander Payne’s New Film ‘Nebraska’ Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- Leo Adam Biga authors civil rights IBooks on the Great Migration and Peony Park
- Casting director John Jackson helps build Alexander Payne’s film worlds
- Alexander Payne’s Local Color: Payne and Co. Mine the Prairie Poetry of His Home State in New American Gothic Film, ‘Nebraska’
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 19, Nov. 23, Nov. 26, Dec. 3 and Dec. 11
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ author Leo Adam Biga doing book events Nov. 7 and Nov. 9
- ‘Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film’ Author Leo Adam Biga Gearing Up for Fall Book Talks-Signings as Release of ‘Nebraska’ Nears
- Culinary-Horticulture Marriage at Metropolitan Community College
- New film ‘Growing Cities’ takes road trip look at urban farmers cultivating a healthy, sustainable food culture
- Omaha Lit Fest Offers a Written Word Feast
- 310,631 hits