Alexander Payne Book News: Catch me on TV and Come to Signings
On select dates this week and next you can catch an encore presentation of the “Consider This” program that features me talking about Alexander Payne and my new book about him. Producer and host Cathy Wyatt does a great job with the interview and with clips from Payne’s films. The half-hour fairly flys by. The encore Nebraska Educational Television telecasts are:
Thur. Feb. 7 at 11 pm
Sun., Feb. 10 at 11:30 am
Fri., Feb. 8 at 12:30 pm
Tue., Feb. 12 at 12:30 pm
In other news, I am signing the Payne book at the PS Collective in Benson on Thur. Feb. 7 after my 6 to 6:30 pm talk about freelance writing. I will also be signing copies at the Omaha Public Library Author Fair from 1 to 4 pm on Sat. Feb. 16 at the downtown W. Dale Clark Library.
My book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012″ is available wherever books are sold, (Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com). It’s available for Kindle, et cetera. You can find it at The Bookworm store in Countryside Village in Omaha.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha’s Lively Old Market nblo.gs/Mkm3v 9 hours ago
- Check out my award-winning story on Iraq war veteran Jacob Hausman's battle with PTSD at leoadambiga.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/ira… 1 week ago
- Two Omaha Press Club awards I picked up Sat. recognized my Omaha Magazine story on Iraq war veteran Jacob Hausman and his battle with PTSD. 1 week ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha's Lively Old Market
- "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film" Gets a Thumbs Up from Midwest Book Review
- From the Archives: Monika Kelly Recalls her Late Father, the Beloved Clown and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Legend, Emmett Kelly Sr.
- Shirley Jones Interview: Classic Hollywood Star to Appear at May 24 Omaha Screening of 'Carousel'
- Author, Humorist, Folklorist Roger Welsch Tells the Stories of the American Soul and Soil
- Parenting the Second Time Around Holds Challenges and Delights for Senior Kinship Caregiver Theresa Glass Union, Who Always Puts Family First
- Dick Holland Responds to Far Reaching Needs in Omaha
- Omaha's Own American Gangster, Clyde Waller
- One Day at a Time, A Recovering Alcoholic's Story
- War and Peace, Bosnian Refugees Purge War's Horrors in Song and Dance that Make Plea for Peace
- Once Upon a Time an Urban Dead End Became Omaha’s Lively Old Market
- “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film” Gets a Thumbs Up from Midwest Book Review
- My Omaha Magazine Story on Iraq War Veteran Jacob Hausman Wins Best Feature Story and Best in Show at Omaha Press Club Excellence in Journalism Awards Competition
- After Decades in New York City Omaha Native Jazz Pianist Paul Serrato Proves You Can Come Home Again
- Potash Twins Making Waves in Jazz: Teen Brothers Count Jazz Greats as Mentors
- Brenda Allen’s Real Life Country Music Drama Took Her from Nebraska to Vietnam to Vegas
- Getting Straight: Compassion in Action Expands Work Serving Men, Women and Children Touched by the Judicial and Penal System
- Tapestries to celebrate Omaha neighborhoods; Theater by any other name
- Artists running with opportunity to go to the next level; Carver Bank resident artists bring new life to area
- Just returned from Hollywood to visit Alexander Payne finish “Nebraska”; Watch for my coming stories about what I observed
- Come to My Next Alexander Payne Book Signing: Saturday, May 11 at The Bookworm in Omaha
- Bruce Crawford’s Unexpected Movie-Movie Life, Omahan Salutes Classic Hollywood Films with Panache: See Shirley Jones and ‘Carousel” May 24
- 271,845 hits