Laura Dern Endorses My Alexander Payne Book
Acclaimed actress Laura Dern has remained good friends with Alexander Payne since she starred in his first feature, “Citizen Ruth,” and I was lucky enough to interview her a few years ago in advance of a program she did with him in Omaha. Now, I’m privileged to have her endorse my new book about the filmmaker.
Here’s what she says about “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012″:
“Leo Biga brings us a fascinating, comprehensive, insightful portrait of the work and artistry of Alexander Payne. Mr. Biga’s collection of essays document the evolution and growth of this significant American filmmaker and he includes relevant historical context of the old Hollywood and the new. His keen reporter’s eye gives the reader an exciting journey into the art of telling stories on film.” – Ron Hull, Nebraska Educational Television legend, University of Nebraska emeritus professor of broadcasting, author of “Backstage”
“Alexander Payne is one of American cinema’s leading lights. How fortunate we are that Leo Biga has chronicled his rise to success so thoroughly.” – Leonard Maltin, film critic and best selling author
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” – Kurt Andersen, novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360 host
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
The Bookworm in Omaha carries it.
The book makes a great gift for the film lover in your life.
Preview it at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Florence Branch Library, Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:15 pm
- More Alexander Payne Book News: WE MADE INDIEWIRE!!! (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book… (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne book news (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Omaha's #1 catfish/spaghetti dinner tomorrow Church of the Resurrection 3004 Belvedere Blvd. Good eats-Low prices-Supports kids 402-455-7015 1 month ago
- Brad Ashford Reflects on Recent Omaha Mayoral Primary Loss and the Politics He Espouses nblo.gs/KrZ7t 1 month ago
- The Omaha Star Celebrates 75 Years of Black Woman Legacy nblo.gs/Kbvhb 1 month ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- 'Lovely, Still' is that Rare Film Depicting Seniors in All Their Humanity
- A Family Thing, Bryant-Fisher Family Reunion
- When Laura Met Alex: Laura Dern & Alexander Payne Get Deep About Collaborating on 'Citizen Ruth' and Their Shared Cinema Sensibilities
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Allan Noddle’s Food Industry Adventures Show Him the World
- Canceled FX Boxing Show, 'Lights Out,' May Still Springboard Omahan Holt McCallany’s Career
- Alexander Payne's 'Nebraska' Comes Home to Roost: The State's Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence
- One Day at a Time, A Recovering Alcoholic's Story
- Ron Stander, a One-Time Great White Hope, Still Making the Rounds for Friends in Need
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- The Two Wars of Ben Kuroki
- Gabrielle Union, A Star is Born
- Getting Straight: Compassion in Action Expands Work Serving Men, Women and Children Touched by the Judicial and Penal System
- Tapestries to celebrate Omaha neighborhoods; Theater by any other name
- Artists running with opportunity to go to the next level; Carver Bank resident artists bring new life to area
- Just returned from Hollywood to visit Alexander Payne finish “Nebraska”; Watch for my coming stories about what I observed
- Come to My Next Alexander Payne Book Signing: Saturday, May 11 at The Bookworm in Omaha
- Bruce Crawford’s Unexpected Movie-Movie Life, Omahan Salutes Classic Hollywood Films with Panache: See Shirley Jones and ‘Carousel” May 24
- Shirley Jones Interview: Classic Hollywood Star to Appear at May 24 Omaha Screening of ‘Carousel’
- The Old Market’s Late Godfather Samuel Mercer Casts Long Shadow in Omaha
- Laura Love: Omaha’s High Yaller Gal Comes Home
- Kevin Lawler Guides Ever Evolving Theater Conference to Put More Focus on Fewer Plays and Playwrights and to Connect Deeper with Community
- Bro. Mike Wilmot and Gesu Housing: Building Neighborhoods and Community, One House at a Time
- Good Time to Get Your Copy of the Alexander Payne Book
- 266,557 hits