Alexander Payne book news
The plaudits for my Alexander Payne book keep coming in. First there were glowing remarks from national film critic Leonard Maltin and novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360″ host Kurt Andersen, and now there are these generous words from Nebraska Educational Television legend and UNL emeritus professor of broadcasting Ron Hull:
“Leo Biga, through his extraordinary talent with words, brings us a fascinating, comprehensive, insightful portrait of the work and artistry of Alexander Payne. Mr. Biga’s collection of essays document the evolution and growth of this significant American filmmaker and he includes relevant historical context of the old Hollywood and the new. His keen reporter’s eye gives the reader an exciting journey into the art of telling stories on film.”
Thank you, Ron. By the way, his own new book, “Backstage,” is a delightful read.
In case you missed it, here’s what the earlier endorsements said:
“Alexander Payne is one of American cinema’s leading lights. How fortunate we are that Leo Biga has chronicled his rise to success so thoroughly.” Leonard Maltin
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” Kurt Andersen
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be pre-ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Remember to come out for my 1 pm singing at The Bookworm this Saturday, Nov. 10
If you can’t make that, come to St. John Greek Orthodox Church for my signing on Friday, Nov. 16 at 6:30 pm
- Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book… (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Finding Normal: Schalisha Walker’s journey finding normal after foster care sheds light on service... nblo.gs/YwJXW 1 week ago
- My blog's getting crazy traffic lately. I can't explain why but I do ike the work getting read. Read it yourself at leoadambiga.wordpress.com 1 week ago
- Omaha Songstress Mary Carrick Takes Flight in New CD nblo.gs/YpRPe 1 week ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Omaha Songstress Mary Carrick Takes Flight in New CD
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- A Martinez Music Legacy: 311's SA Martinez Takes a Music Tradition Laid Down by His Father and Grandfather in a New Direction
- A Family Thing, Bryant-Fisher Family Reunion
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Film Connections: Coppola, Lucas, Butler, Knight, Caan, Duvall
- Author, Humorist, Folklorist Roger Welsch Tells the Stories of the American Soul and Soil
- Shakespeare on the Green, A Summertime Staple in Omaha
- Alexander Payne's New Film 'Nebraska' Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- 374,719 hits