Another sweet endorsement for my Alexander Payne book…
And the hits just keep on coming where my Alexander Payne book is concerned.
On top of Leonard Maltin’s recent thumbs up, we just received another sweet endorsement, this one from novelist (“True Believers”) and “Studio 360″ host Kurt Andersen, who has bestowed on us a beautifuly worded and generous statement of support:
“I’d be an Alexander Payne fan even if we didn’t share a Nebraska upbringing: he is a masterly, menschy, singular storyteller whose movies are both serious and unpretentious, delightfully funny and deeply moving. And he’s fortunate indeed to have such a thoughtful and insightful chronicler as Leo Biga.” Kurt Andersen
Thank you, Kurt.
More big news about the book is just around the corner.
The book, “Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter’s Perspective 1998-2012,” can be pre-ordered at AlexanderPayneTheBook.com.
Preview the book at www.facebook.com/LeoAdamBiga.
Watch me talk about the book, Payne, and his new film on “Heartland Focus” this Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6:30 pm on WOWT.
Listen to me do the same on the current “Worlds of Wayne” podcast at http://worldsofwayne.libsyn.com/
And I hope to see you at my next book event, Saturday, Nov. 10, The Bookworm, 1 p.m.
- I Am Personally Inviting You to My Next Book Event…Sat. Nov. 10 at The Bookworm, 1 pm (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Author Leo Adam Biga to Sign His Alexander Payne Book at Various Events as Shooting Continues on the Filmmaker’s New Picture, ‘Nebraska’ (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’ Comes Home to Roost: The State’s Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Finding Normal: Schalisha Walker’s journey finding normal after foster care sheds light on service... nblo.gs/YwJXW 1 week ago
- My blog's getting crazy traffic lately. I can't explain why but I do ike the work getting read. Read it yourself at leoadambiga.wordpress.com 2 weeks ago
- Omaha Songstress Mary Carrick Takes Flight in New CD nblo.gs/YpRPe 2 weeks ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- A Martinez Music Legacy: 311's SA Martinez Takes a Music Tradition Laid Down by His Father and Grandfather in a New Direction
- Brenda Allen's Real Life Country Music Drama Took Her from Nebraska to Vietnam to Vegas
- John Beasley and Sons Make Acting a Family Thing at the John Beasley Theater & Workshop and Beyond
- From My Series Out to Win: The Roots of Greatness – Neal Mosser, A Straight-Shooting Son-of-a-Gun
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Alexander Payne's 'Nebraska' Comes Home to Roost: The State's Cinema Prodigal Son is Back Filming Again in his Home State after Long Absence
- Retired Omaha World-Herald Military Affairs Reporter-Editor Howard Silber: War Veteran, Reporter, Raconteur, Bon Vi Vant, Globe Trotter
- Sun Reflection, Revisiting the Omaha Sun's Pulitzer Prize-Winning Expose of Boys Town
- Finding Normal: Schalisha Walker’s journey finding normal after foster care sheds light on service needs
- Omaha Songstress Mary Carrick Takes Flight in New CD
- Aisha’s Adventures: A story of inspiration and transformation; homelessness didn’t stop entrepreneurial missionary Aisha Okudi from pursuing her goals
- Bud Rising: Terence “Bud” Crawford’s tight family has his back as he defends title in his own backyard
- North Omaha Summer Arts Presents: Gospel in the Park
- Partnership 4 Kids – Building Bridges and Breaking Barriers
- Justice Champion Samuel Walker Calls It as He Sees It
- Temple Israel Omaha embraces new home and new era
- Considering Alexander Payne’s ‘Nebraska’
- Couple gives plumbing a sexy new turn
- PlayFest broadens theater possibilities: Great Plains Theatre Conference events feature community-based, site-specific works
- To code or not to code: New Omaha school offers bootcamp for aspiring web designers
- 375,207 hits