Registration Now Open for Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars with Leo Adam Biga: Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Registration Now Open for
Your Journey in Freelance Writing Seminars
with Leo Adam Biga
Oct. 30, Nov. 13 & Dec. 11
Follow your passion and write stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions
Sunday, October 30
Sunday, November 13
Sunday, December 11
Each seminar is unique, though some core material is covered during every workshop
Brandeis building downtown, 210 South 16th Street in the warm, luxurious setting of the Community Room
Use 16th Street Concierge entrance between Douglas and Farnam (Concierge will direct you to the elevator to access the 2nd flr Community Room)
NOTE: Ample street parking available or for $5 use the Brandeis parking garage (Douglas between 16th and 17th (car pool and share the cost)
Host Christine Lind will provide free beverages and goodies during the seminar
Join us for this informative, relaxed evening
The seminar is by-registration only:
If you register for one seminar, the cost is: $40
If you register for two seminars together, the cost is: $70
If you register for three seminars together, the cost is $100
NOTE: The registration fee is payable by check only (make it out to Leo Adam Biga)
Mail your check to: Leo A. Biga, 10629 Cuming St., Omaha, NE 68114
Your check must be received before the seminar for you to attend and be sure to indicate which seminar(s) you’re registering/paying for
Register at leoadmbiga.eventbrite.com/
If you know of or are affiliated with a school, church, library or other nonprofit that would like to host a future seminar, please note that special group rates are available. It’s a perfect fit for any group that enjoys reading, writing, books. Call 402-445-4666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What is A Journey in Freelance Writing?
An informal two-hour seminar that discusses:
• How to prepare yourself to be a writer
• What’s involved in finding your writer’s voice
• Where do story ideas come from?
• How to pitch and market your work
• What are editors looking for?
• How to develop and maintain a client base
• Yes, you can supplement your income and even make a living as a freelancer
As an award-winning journalist I will offer my decades-long experience as a guide for establishing a writing career or taking your career to the next level. The conversational, interactive seminar offers plenty of Q & A time.
Ideal for aspiring or emerging writers of: articles • press releases • newsletters • blogs • web content • scripts • books
Book the seminar for your club, organization, school, library or church. Schedule it for your next writing/literary group meeting, festival or conference.
Group rates available.
Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you there,
Leo Adam Biga
- Financing Freelance Writing – It Can Be Costlier Than You Think (freelanceswitch.com)
- How to Get Freelance Writing Clients without Selling (savvywritingcareers.wordpress.com)
- ‘Getting Started as a Freelance Writer’ by Robert W Bly (pacejmiller.com)
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment Livelihood blog features Leo Adam Biga – Omaha journalist/author writes about... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1QtZ5xi 2 days ago
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment Livelihood blog features Leo Adam Biga – Omaha journalist/author write... nblo.gs/ZWquz 2 days ago
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment Livelihood blog features Leo Adam Biga – Omaha journalist/author writes about people,… wp.me/pTQQZ-2Cz 2 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Brenda Allen's Real Life Country Music Drama Took Her from Nebraska to Vietnam to Vegas
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- This Version of Simon Says Positions Omaha Steaks as a Food Service Juggernaut
- Jane Fonda Takes Center Stage at Film Streams, Where Her Life in Film is Celebrated this Summer
- When Omaha's North 24th Street Brought Together Jews and Blacks in a Melting Pot Marketplace that is No More
- Burden of Dreams: The Trials of Omaha’s Black Museum
- A Martinez Music Legacy: 311's SA Martinez Takes a Music Tradition Laid Down by His Father and Grandfather in a New Direction
- Artist Therman Statom Works with Children to Create Glass Houses and More
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment Livelihood blog features Leo Adam Biga – Omaha journalist/author writes about people, their passions and their magnificent obsessions
- Rabbi Azriel’s neighborhood welcomes all, unlike what he saw on recent Middle East trip; Social justice activist and interfaith advocate optimistic about Tri-Faith campus
- Educator Ferial Pearson’s Secret Kindness Agents project now a book; Random acts of kindness prove healing and habit-forming
- Omaha North superstar back Calvin Strong overcomes bigger obstacles than tacklers; Record-setting rusher poised to lead defending champion Vikings to another state title
- JOURNEYS: Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo calls African Grasslands Project the Metro’s Next Big Thing
- Next generation of North Omaha leaders eager for change: New crop of leaders emerging to keep momentum going
- New endorsement for my Alexander Payne book from James Marshall Crotty
- Change Agent: Mark Evans leads OPS on bold new course full of changes in his first year as Omaha Public Schools’ superintendent
- Omaha performer Brenda Allen recalls her friendship with Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire pays tribute to iconic singer-songwriter
- Star-studded lineup of artists at North Omaha Summer Arts Crawl – Friday, August 8 from 6-9 pm
- Linda Meigs Brings Agriculture, History and Art Together at Florence Mill
- Arts Crawl Concludes North Omaha Summer Arts; Friday, August 8 from 6-9 p.m.
- 388,250 hits