Lots of new content added over the past week. Please browse away at all the new posts and old posts. You are sure to find a category or tag containing stories that interest you. If you know someone who might enjoy the site, please refer or link them to it. And by all means subscribe to the blog or bookmark it yourself.
If you have comments about anything you read on the site, then feel free to share them.
New postings will be coming soon. As usual, the articles will cover all different kinds of subjects.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1XuZWhM 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith... nblo.gs/1226bO 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook wp.me/pTQQZ-2G6 5 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- Omaha's Pitch Man: Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Willy Theisen is Back with His Next Big Business Venture
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- The Fighting Hernandez Brothers
- Grassroots Leadership Development Program Provides Opportunities for Students
- The Man Behind the Voice of Husker Football at Memorial Stadium
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- Lifetime Friends, Native Sons, Entrepreneurs Michael Green and Dick Davis Lead Efforts to Revive North Omaha and to Empower its Black Citizenry
- Radio DJ-Actor-Singer Dave Wingert, In the Spotlight
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook
- Omaha couple Mauro and Christine Fiore forge a union based on film and family
- Charles Ahovissi brings West African culture to the Heartland: African Culture Connection uses dance, music to tell indigenous yet universal stories
- Breaking the mold: Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala
- Gabrielle Union having it all between her own series, new film, producing, marriage and family
- Having it all: Viv Ewing
- All Abide: Abide applies holistic approach to building community; Josh Dotzler now heads nonprofit started by his parents
- North’s Star: Gene Haynes builds legacy as education leader with Omaha Public Schools and North High School
- What do Oscar-winning filmmaker Alexander Payne and WBO world lightweight boxing champion Terence “Bud” Crawford have in common?
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha Nonprofits Take On Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Nebraska Film Currents
- Masters David O. Russell and Alexander Payne matched wits at Film Streams Feature VI event
- 411,967 hits