Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1WD3wuY 1 day ago
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha Nonprofits Take… wp.me/pTQQZ-2En 1 day ago
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha ... nblo.gs/11xWGa 1 day ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- The Storz Saga: A Family Dynasty - Their Mansion, the Brewery that Built It, the Man Who Loved It, a Legacy of Giving, the Loss of a Dream
- Long-Separated Brother and Sister from Puerto Rico Reunited in Omaha
- Green Bay Packers All-Pro Running Back Ahman Green Channels Comic Book Hero Batman and Gridiron Icons Walter Payton and Bo Jackson on the Field
- Alexander Payne's New Film 'Nebraska' Features Senior Cast and Aging Themes in Story Sure to Resonate with Many Viewers
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- From the Archives: Hadley Heavin Sees No Incongruity in Being a Rodeo Cowboy, Classical Guitartist, Educator and Vietnam Combat Vet
- Artist Vera Mercer's Coming Out Party
- When We Were Kings, A Vintage Pro Wrestling Story
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha Nonprofits Take On Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Nebraska Film Currents
- Masters David O. Russell and Alexander Payne matched wits at Film Streams Feature VI event
- Milton Kleinberg: Omaha resident who survived little-known chapter of Holocaust history releases new edition of his memoir
- New American Cinema auteurs, colleagues and friends David O. Russell and Alexander Payne to headline Feature VI
- Leo Adam Biga’s Blog hits 400,000 views & The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog Version 2.0
- 2nd District Congressional race gives voters two distinct styles in incumbent Lee Terry and challenger Brad Ashford
- The Many Faces of Leo Adam Biga’s Blog
- High-flying McNary big part of Creighton volleyball success; Senior outside hitter’s play has helped raise program stature
- Struggles of single moms subject of film and discussion; Local women can relate to living paycheck to paycheck
- Have curiosity-will travel spirit brought Tanya Cook to Ukraine
- Omaha native goes where his film passion leads him: James Duff and filmmaker wife Julia Morrison shot debut feature ‘Hank and Asha’ on two continents
- 405,617 hits