Here are some work updates from my ever-expanding projects list (as of May 2010):
Check out my cover story on philanthropist Dick Holland in the June New Horizons newspaper. Should hit the stands, so to speak, May 28.
Read my story about the Omaha South High School boys soccer team and the “green card” incident in this week’s Reader (www.thereader.com). That same story appears in the new issue of El Perico, a South Omaha dual English-Spanish newspaper that I’m doing lots of work for these days.
My work will be featured in the soon-to-launch Omaha Fashion Magazine.
A story I wrote about Holocaust survivor Kitty Williams of Council Bluffs won a Nebraska Press Association award. You can read the story on this blog by clicking on her name, Kitty Williams, or by clicking on the Holocaust or History categories in the Categories From A to Z list on the right hand side of the blog screen.
My first book, a biography of Mark Manhart, is nearing completion and should be published by early to mid 2011.
I recently wrote a short history of an independent Nebraska movie theater chain.
Soon, I will be working on a book for the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society on Jewish grocers and food wholesalers who did business in the area during the 20th century.
I also have a project in play with Creighton University’s College of Business Administration.
Author-journalist-blogger Leo Adam Biga resides in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. He writes newspaper-magazine stories about people, their passions, and their magnificent obsessions. He's the author of the books "Alexander Payne: His Journey in Film – A Reporter's Perspective 1998-2012," a compilation of his journalism about the acclaimed filmmaker, and "Open Wide" a biograpy of Mark Manhart. Biga co-edited "Memories of the Jewish Midwest: Mom and Pop Grocery Stores." His popular blog, leoadambiga.wordpress.com, is an online gallery of his work.
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on... tmblr.co/ZLwDem1XuZWhM 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith... nblo.gs/1226bO 5 days ago
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook wp.me/pTQQZ-2G6 5 days ago
My Favorite Tags
My Favorite Categories
Calendar of Blog Posts
Categories from A to Z and # of Posts
- Color-blind love: Five interracial couples share their stories
- Alone or together, Omaha power couple Vic Gutman and Roberta Wilhelm give back to the community
- Brandeis Story: Great Plains Family-Owned Department Store Empire
- Omaha's Pitch Man: Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Willy Theisen is Back with His Next Big Business Venture
- The Man Behind the Voice of Husker Football at Memorial Stadium
- From the Archives: Peony Park Not Just an Amusement Playground, But a Multi-Use Events Facility
- The Fighting Hernandez Brothers
- Grassroots Leadership Development Program Provides Opportunities for Students
- Radio DJ-Actor-Singer Dave Wingert, In the Spotlight
- Lifetime Friends, Native Sons, Entrepreneurs Michael Green and Dick Davis Lead Efforts to Revive North Omaha and to Empower its Black Citizenry
- When cancer struck beloved Omaha performer Camille Metoyer Moten, she shared her odyssey and faith on Facebook
- Omaha couple Mauro and Christine Fiore forge a union based on film and family
- Charles Ahovissi brings West African culture to the Heartland: African Culture Connection uses dance, music to tell indigenous yet universal stories
- Breaking the mold: Opera Omaha re-imagines the gala
- Gabrielle Union having it all between her own series, new film, producing, marriage and family
- Having it all: Viv Ewing
- All Abide: Abide applies holistic approach to building community; Josh Dotzler now heads nonprofit started by his parents
- North’s Star: Gene Haynes builds legacy as education leader with Omaha Public Schools and North High School
- What do Oscar-winning filmmaker Alexander Payne and WBO world lightweight boxing champion Terence “Bud” Crawford have in common?
- Feeding the World, Nourishing Our Neighbors, Far and Near: Howard G. Buffett Foundation and Omaha Nonprofits Take On Hunger and Food Insecurity
- Nebraska Film Currents
- Masters David O. Russell and Alexander Payne matched wits at Film Streams Feature VI event
- 411,981 hits